Arizona – Post 5
11311 Prickly Pear Lane Yuma, Arizona 85365
GET IN TOUCH
The Vision for “Veterans Haven”
Our intention is to establish a self-sufficient operating farm. The first goal is education. We believe that it can benefit our veterans; we call it rehabilitation through cultivation. Part of our mission is to work with our local community. We believe that this can be one way of helping the veterans and the civilians; everyone can form strong bonds and a strong understanding of each other.
- Educational environment
- Rehabilitation for the Veteran of any War and first responders who are still suffering
- Fight the opioid crises through the use of cannabis and Hemp Products along with other natural healing technics.
- To have a completely viable, self-sufficient Farm.
Land 5 or more acres
Location County land preferably in a farming area.
The property is located at 16798 Avenue B Somerton, Az 85350. This is shown in the middle of this photograph. In the past, this has been Certified as Organic ground. The owners and I have reached an understanding, and I have committed on behalf of the Veterans Cannabis Group of Arizona that we acquire this Property.
Equipment and Supplies needed
- All Farming implements (Some are already on the location that we can use)
- New or used Chain Link Fencing, 6 Ft gates and all
- PVC piping and pump for freshwater (all plumbing supplies)
- Reverse Osmosis Commercial Unit
- Greenhouse material to build our Hoop Houses with blackout system
- Set pole for electricity and running the wiring for the site
- Lights, lots and lots of them
- A sign saying Veterans Haven!
- Clones or seeds with good genetics
- Swamp coolers commercial size 6 total or more
- Classrooms for an inside area for workshops 3 or more
- Planting supplies ie: Bags and feeding system for 100 plants
- Drying\curing\processing extractions building
The Second Annual Cannabis & Hemp Expo, supported by Veterans Cannabis Group Az.
- 12 Vendors signed up 25 or more expected. Open Venue to all business-related products and Services
- People expected at the 1st Expo we estimated up to 1000 people. This we think will be up to 3000 +.
- Revenue for parking, tickets, Booth cost, and donations. After the cost is covered all money will be donated to Veterans Haven for building funds.
- Each booth shall be a source of information on the handling and use of cannabis and hemp
- A food court is being planned for the Event along with a Music Court.
- Supporting Groups ie: Arizona State NORML.
- All Insurance and Permits if needed to safely
To all that this has been sent to, this is a start I most likely have forgotten many things, bare with us, as we create this.
We need YOUR help!
We are an advocacy group of Veterans for Veterans who use medical cannabis. We provide education, safe access, information on VA resources and benefits, employment and networking opportunities in the cannabis industry, and support veteran owned cannabis businesses from cultivation to retail.
(Veterans Cannabis Group is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) – Donations are Tax Deductible)
The VCG encourages veterans to work with their local and state governments to ensure their veteran community voice is heard and their needs are taken into consideration while the new cannabis laws are being written. That means actively participating in local city council meetings, county board of supervisors meetings, and state level meetings throughout the United States.
The Veterans Cannabis Group’s team of veterans, supporters and donors are leading the charge in legalizing the use of cannabis for veterans while protecting their rights and benefits. We support all veteran advocacy groups across the nation that are working on this very important mission. We share resources, contacts, and help disseminate information with our fellow veteran advocates.
We are an advocacy group of Veterans for Veterans who use medical cannabis. We provide education, safe access, information on VA resources and benefits, and an opportunity for veterans to work with other veterans within the cannabis industry.
(Veterans Cannabis Group is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3))
The VCG encourages veterans to work with their local and state governments to ensure their veteran community voice is heard and their needs are taken into consideration while the new cannabis laws are being written. Let them know that there are veterans that use medical cannabis.
The Veterans Cannabis Group’s team of veterans, active duty service members, lobbyists and donors are leading the charge in legalizing the use of cannabis for veterans while protecting their rights and benefits.
Aaron Augustis served in the US Army and was part of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. He can attest to the medicinal effects of cannabis when dealing with a traumatic life event such as the war in Iraq. Aaron enlisted in the US Army in June of 1998 from his home state of California. After the attacks on 9/11, his unit was deployed from Ft. Bragg, NC to Mosul, Iraq in April of 2003. Aaron believes in a holistic approach to healing and living a balanced life.
GOALS OF THE VETERAN CANNABIS GROUP
We help veterans find jobs
in the cannabis industry